Reviews and share for a better life...

Review Pioneer DEH-X6800BT Single DIN Bluetooth In-Dash CD/AM/FM Receiver



Packed with features for the money. In the current age where factory stereos are next to impossible to replace due to extreme integration, the aftermarket stereo has an expiration date coming due soon. The good news is, if you need or just want to replace a single DIN radio, you have one of the best selections out there right now. I needed to replace the factor 1.5 DIN stereo in a newly acquired 99 Blazer that had one functioning door speaker and the two tweeters in the dash. I’ve been installing stereo systems in my cars since the 80’s even when the factory stereos were fine. 
This Pioneer was what I thought to be an inexpensive unit to just get some sounds in the blazer so I wouldn’t lose my mind commuting back and forth to work and boy was I surprised! Aside from the nice but gimmicky color selections, the unit has serious flexibility with the USB charge/play integrated, the two sets of RCA outputs (which also allows you to power rear speakers via the deck AND use the rear RCA’s to drive an external amp) which is nice if you have 4-6 speakers and a subwoofer. Bluetooth connected fine without drops on an Android phone and even gives voice commands for turn by turn directions if you’re playing music from your phone at the same time by lowering the music slightly to allow you to hear the navigation instructions, just like the wife’s 2015 Charger. The controls are extensive and in depth to say the least for fine tuning the sound. Included are low pass and high pass crossovers with 12/24db cutoffs along with the ability to boost or cut your sub level to match the rest of your system without crawling around with a screwdriver to fine tune your gain. 

In my case, I have a 12 yr old Planet Audio 10″ sub driven by a just as old Alpine mono amp that was collecting dust… Doors have new PA 6.5″ powered by the deck and the 22 yr old who works under me is asking where I got the install and how much was it! Seems I was crowding out his dub step during lunch last week with my AC/DC Thunderstruck…

Return to top of page Tech Box 2016 - Email : leequyen596@gmail.com
Login